Sunday, December 1, 2013

Leadership Lesson

Before I can begin to student teach, I am required to teach a Life Knowledge Lesson at my cooperating school. Over Thanksgiving break I went to my cooperating center to see how I could incorporate this lesson into my next couple days. After speaking with the teacher, we decided to have the lesson the following Monday before the school's break.

I began to prepare for my lesson and setting things up. I feel that the lessons provided were very dry, especially since they were meant for 100 minute lessons. As a result, I had to severely cut out some of the activities to make it fit the 43 minute time limit. This made the content of my lesson very dense and compacted. I felt that my lesson was very dry because it was hard to incorporate activities into the short lesson.

Overall, the lesson went well, I did make some mistakes. For example, I called on students whom I knew but was more reluctant to call on others who I did not know. I started to call on more students as time went by, but it was hard to incorporate students who I did not know. In the future, I will need to step out of my comfort zone more to include everyone into my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment