Sunday, December 15, 2013

Final Reflection



            Then end of the journey is here and the beginning of a new journey starts. This semester has been one of the best learning experiences of my college career. Through the lab component of 412, it became evident very quickly that students are not always paying attention, grasping certain concepts, or interested in the material. However, I believe that I have learned new concepts to revert these feelings. Through the lab component, I have been able to work the bugs out of my teaching methodology and I feel confident in where I am today.
After taking this course, I am better suited for my professional career with the skills that I have obtained in this lab. I am more organized in thought and believe in myself even more. Furthermore, I have become more apt to planning my lessons and activities with more thought.
The lab reflections were a great help to me, after presenting, I would write down the things that went wrong in the lesson, but I would also write down the things that went right in the lesson. This helped me piece together future lessons of what would work and what I thought I needed to improve on. By having a reflective blog, I was able to see how other students did in each of the labs and I was able to learn from their experiences. Furthermore, I was able to share my experiences for the cause.
To make the lab better, I feel that the lab packet should be reviewed before the start of the year to ensure dates are accurate and that all assignments are in their rightful place. I think the overall lab was a great experience and it should not have any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment